Midnight Crocheter

Crocheting, Knitting and any type of yarn-crafts or needlework that tickles my fancy. Some personal blogging too.

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

A bit of turmoil lately....

So sorry it's been a while. It just happened that three days after my last post I was let go from my job. 7 1/2 years later I was no longer wanted and given a notice of termination and a severance package. And this occurred 3 days before we were supposed to move too! Good thing we didn't put in that planned offer for a house two weeks prior! Good thing we had planned to temporarily move into my parents' basement apartment to save more money for our own house!

To say the least I was steamed, bitter, depressed and what ever else happens when you lose your job. It's funny that no matter how stressful a job can be and no matter how much you may hate it at times, when you lose it you go through a grieving period. Well, I've cried about it, accepted it, been angered about it (I still am, to tell you the truth), I've gone through intermittent periods of bitterness and all of the previously mentioned emotions as well. I'm also thankful. I've been battling post-partum depression since my second son was born and now almost two years later I can take the time to dedicate to my own physical and mental health. I also went through it after my first son was born. It's such a terrible thing to go through. So, I have my husband's and parents' full support to rest up, enjoy the time at home with the kids, get everything in order with myself and our family, and then take the time to look for a new job. Oh, and about the move? We went through it...95% of our stuff went into storage and the other 5% went to mom's house. We're moved in and just about settled...just a few minor details left to take care of.

someone mentioned to me that maybe this is what I needed to stay home with the kids. I'd really really love to but unfortunately we cannot do without my income from if we're to buy a house in this market. The real estate market in Toronto is just so expensive lately. Plus, we received a pre-approved mortgage based on both our incomes, not just my husband's. So, if I'm lucky to find another job within the next month or two, the majority of my severance package will go towards our own house. Pretty cool, eh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home