Midnight Crocheter

Crocheting, Knitting and any type of yarn-crafts or needlework that tickles my fancy. Some personal blogging too.

Sunday, February 05, 2006

All done (well, at least one project)

I finally finished Demetri's new winter hat & scarf set. He just loves it. I finished adding & trimming the fringe & sewing the ends in the hat yesterday. Demetri doesn't like extremely long scarves or long fringes, so I had to trim the fringe a bit short. The hat pattern comes from the Head Huggers site. I made the main body of the scarf in dc's and the trim on each end was done in the same pattern as the hat (rows 6-8). Turned out pretty cool, I think.

My newest project is a knitted one:

It's from the March 2005 issue of Creative Knitting magazine. The socks/footies are for little Anthony, my friend Joanna's first baby who's almost 3 months old. What's neat is that these might actually fit my Lucas (21 months) so I might make a pair for him in a thicker yarn. (Oops, going off on tangents again...) In four days I worked up the first footie. Not bad for a beginner! I just have to sew the back of the cuff and the bottom of the sole. It was really easy and I learned a few new things: using stitch holders and picking up stitches along the sides of the instep. Below's a close-up of the first footie. I'm already 6 rows into the second and hope to finish it by the end of the week, just in time for the opening ceremonies of the Turin Olympics...I've joined the Knitting Olympics which I'm really looking forward to! I'll be knitting a London Beanie for Gus. My first attempt at circular knitting or using dpn's without the stitch holders on the ends. I think I'll be going the route of a circ to start with though. :-) Yarn yet to be decided. A trip to the newly organized stash is definitely due. Go Team Canada!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home