Midnight Crocheter

Crocheting, Knitting and any type of yarn-crafts or needlework that tickles my fancy. Some personal blogging too.

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Our Home -- to be renamed "Danger Zone"

Well, it's official. I'm just not meant to reorganize, pack or unpack things. I mean, this has been the craziest past month. First, Lucas and his little "adventure" a few weeks ago and now me.


See this box in this pic? Yeah, the kids were having a grand ol' time with it this a.m. Lucas even decided he should undress himself while in it (notice the snaps are all undone on his pj's). Don't you just love the way Demetri poses? And that grin on Lucas....one not only a mother could love. Anyway, back to the subject at hand

Well, I decide to take the box downstairs. I think I must have gone down one step and then I slipped down it and the next five or six steps before I managed to stop my ride. Well, I'm hurt. I mean really hurt. Nothing broken thankfully, but I'm terribly bruised: tip & bottom of right big toe, top of right foot, left ankle, side of left thigh and left arm just above the elbow. It hurts to walk or climb stairs. Extra strength Tylenol is doing the trick for most of the pain, but I tell you, it's not comfortable walking when it feels like you've got gauze packed under your toe (which there isn't). Darned thing must be really inflamed. And what did I slip on? A grey plastic bag that fell out of the bag holder on the wall by the stairs...the wooden stairs are painted a blue grey so of course I didn't notice it.

This type of work really isn't for me.

And the fruits of my packing so far?


That's it. And it all has to be packed and moved temporarily into a storage space by Feb 28. Ech.

1 Comments:

  • At 2/06/2006 03:24:00 p.m., Blogger Pirk said…

    Oh, Maggie, Maggie,
    I would give you a huge bear hug, but you probably would kill me.
    Ouch, ouch, I really feel for you.

    On the brighter side, the scarf is fab!!!! and the liiiitttle baby bootie looks soo cute.

    Maggie, your kids are adorable, man, they are!
    Pirk

     

Post a Comment

<< Home