Midnight Crocheter

Crocheting, Knitting and any type of yarn-crafts or needlework that tickles my fancy. Some personal blogging too.

Saturday, April 16, 2005

A sweet poncho for a sweet girl

Last week, I decided I wanted to make a poncho for my 12 yr old niece as a belated birthday present using one or both of these yarns (she loves pink and I happen to have the yarn in my stash...enough of it too).



So, I set about finding the "right" pattern for her, debated for a couple of days, bugged a couple of friends for their preference of pattern choices (thanks for the great advice Stashaholic!) and decided upon using the pink & white yarn by TLC Baby and this pattern:



And here's what I ended up with:


The pattern is so simple and works up pretty quickly. The only thing I changed was I added stitches to the base row for a wider neckline but that was pretty easy. I put it on my niece to be sure it fits before I proceed any further. It was perfect. It looked so delicate and pretty on her too. I'm so pleased and she's so excited. Now, I'm on the mad dash to get it finished...I hope to give it to her by the end of next week.

The pattern comes from this vintage booklet:


For anyone interested, I purchased this booklet from Yahoo Canada Auctions. I've purchased many, if not most, of my vintage patterns from this site. I find it has one of the best selections of vintage Patons and Beehive patterns (most of which were published here in Toronto). I've also bought some old Coats & Clark, King Cole and Bouquet knitting and crochet patterns from this site as well as some kewl patterns in British terminology.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home