Midnight Crocheter

Crocheting, Knitting and any type of yarn-crafts or needlework that tickles my fancy. Some personal blogging too.

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Kitchen Stuff

Here are two kitchen items I just put in the mail for a kitchen exchange for a web crochet group I belong to.



The Teapot Trivet was the first kitchen item I ever made with thread (the pattern is from Annie's Favorite Crochet - July/Aug 2000). My tension's so tight...I used a hook 1 size larger and still ended up with a finished product smaller than the dimensions given in the instructions. Oh well. It still came out ok.



The hearts dishcloth is actually a thread coaster pattern done in ww cotton and a 5mm hook. It puckers a bit, but I figured it would have to do as it's pretty senseless to block a dishcloth. I got the idea to use a coaster pattern from an online friend (thanks Gloria!) and regardless, I think it looks pretty good. Actually, it reminds me of a 4-leaf clover and considering we're now in March, it's almost appropriate. :) This pattern is from The Ultimate Book of Miniature Doilies by Annie's Attic. I only changed the last two rounds a little bit but essentially it's the same pattern.

I'm now working on some knitted dishcloths for my cousin. For me, they're a great way to test new patterns and other things new to me (ie. ssk, yfwd, psso, etc) and for her, well she loves to use them. I'll post pics once I'm finished them.

1 Comments:

  • At 4/05/2005 07:44:00 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Maggie,
    I just came across your blog and saw my Tea Pot Trivet. I think you did a great job of it! I don't have a blog but I do have a website that may interest you.
    I have some free patterns there - even a couple knit ones..nothing fancy on the knit though.
    Darlene

     

Post a Comment

<< Home