Midnight Crocheter

Crocheting, Knitting and any type of yarn-crafts or needlework that tickles my fancy. Some personal blogging too.

Monday, April 25, 2005

A First Birthday!


Today is my baby's first birthday. Wow, I can't believe how time has flown by!

Today also marked my return to work after being home on a one-year maternity leave (God Bless the Canadian government and their sage decision to grant such leaves). It didn't go too badly, but Lucas, my little velcro baby, had a hard time especially this morning. At least he's with grandma, which also made it easier on our 4 1/2 year old, Demetri, who was cared by grandma when I went back to work when he turned six months old. Grandma's a god-send and is an old hand at raising babies. So much loving care. We're very blessed to have her.

3 Comments:

  • At 4/26/2005 07:37:00 p.m., Blogger ~drew emborsky~ said…

    Happy Birthday Lucas!! That cake looks delicious!

     
  • At 4/26/2005 11:13:00 p.m., Blogger Maggie said…

    Lucas says Thank You Drew! And yes, the cake was really yummy. It didn't last too long around here. (Especially with mommy around. LOL!)

     
  • At 5/02/2005 10:11:00 a.m., Blogger Lisa said…

    My mother in law watched my two girls when I went back to work, which made it a whole lot easier for me..Less guilt that is for sure.

    Happy B-day to your little one, and hope you all settle into a good routine.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home