Midnight Crocheter

Crocheting, Knitting and any type of yarn-crafts or needlework that tickles my fancy. Some personal blogging too.

Sunday, April 16, 2006

A new look

Well, I'm still awake due to a feverish toddler, for which I must thank my older child. So, I thought to add some more ramblings, non-yarn related.

See anything new here?

Yep, my hair is longer and blonder. Gone is the dark & reddish colour. I have pretty blond highlights now. No, actually look closer (click on the photo if that helps). Yep, that's right. I have added a piece of wire & plastic to the contents of my mouth. I now wear a retainer since Thursday.

Although my teeth were not at all horrible, the dream of straight top teeth finally got to me and after the suggestion of my dentist (who's also a family friend), I decided to go for the retainer as it may work for my teeth and isn't such a pain as full braces. He preferred I try veneers instead but who has $300+ per tooth? Certainly not me. Dental benefits wouldn't cover them because they'd be considered cosmetic. Plus, veneers look like Chiclets to me. (No offense to anyone who has them, especially if they look great.) However, I am covered at 60% for orthodontics (mind you, isn't that cosmetic?) and since I'm covered under health & dental benefits for the duration of my severance period, I figured why not.

Well, I now ask myself WHY???? My teeth are slightly sore, my tongue has been cut on the little wires behind the front teeth, the roof of my mouth is sore, I'm still not used to talking yet with this apparatus in my mouth (I sound like someone whose whole mouth is frozen), my saliva production has increased what must be three-fold in my view, and I can't chew gum to my pleasing! My sister, who has what I call the million-dollar mouth due to extensive orthodontic work in her teens, has comforted me by telling me that at least my speech will get better within the week.

After that work is done, I will be considering bleaching my not-so-pearly-whites (they're more like yellow and have been so for most of my life). But we'll get to that road one day.... Plus, I need to quit that occasional sin stick (cigarette). No use to invest in bleaching if I'm still smoking, even casually.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home