Midnight Crocheter

Crocheting, Knitting and any type of yarn-crafts or needlework that tickles my fancy. Some personal blogging too.

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Olé Olé .... Knitting World Cup Here We Come!

I signed up for The Knitting World Cup this past week. I meant to post about it on Thursday night, but when I finally decided to get on Blogger around midnight that night it was down for maintenance. Terrible timing I must say.

As my challenge, I chose to knit my first pair of socks: the Hiking Socks from the Patons leaflet Pull Up Your Socks. Will be using Patons Classic Wool in a dark grey.


And here is the swatch I finished on Wednesday. I know some may laugh that I did up a swatch for socks, but I wanted to make sure they're purrrfect for my dad. Happily, my tension was dead-on at the first try.


I had bought the leaflet and the wool in a little shop in Lakefield, ON while on vacation last summer. I had meant to make them for my dad for Christmas thinking they'd be great for him as he gets terribly cold feet in the winter. Of course, I never even cast on the stitches...mostly because I wanted to learn to knit with shorter needles as I used to be (and still am) one of those "needle under the right arm" knitters (just like my mom). So, in between then and now I've accomplished knitting using shorter needles (dpn's with point protectors on one end) and with circs. Now, I will try using 5 dpn's...trying to knit socks the traditional way. I will be casting on tonight.
Sherri and Pirk will be so proud of me. :)

2 Comments:

  • At 6/11/2006 10:13:00 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You bet your bippy I'm proud of you!

    And that you're swatching in the Stashaholic style (with extra stitches around so that you can measure the inside.

    Did you stress test and wash your swatch? ;-)

     
  • At 6/11/2006 10:46:00 a.m., Blogger Pirk said…

    Way to go, Maggie. You have a great project there.
    Me too, proud of you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home