Midnight Crocheter

Crocheting, Knitting and any type of yarn-crafts or needlework that tickles my fancy. Some personal blogging too.

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Leafs Nation Beanie all done...#1 that is...

Leafs Nation Beanie #1 was completed last night.

Here's a picture of little man wearing it.

And here's what he thinks of it.

On a different note, here's what's slowly boiling on my stove right now.

A beef stock. Recently, because I didn't have any in my freezer, I had to resort to using some tetra version from the grocery store. To my horror, there were ingredients listed such as yeast and caramel colour. Yuck. Luckily I had saved the large beef bone from a roast (don't worry, it was in the freezer), and I had some veal bones and stew meat that I had frozen after a visit to the local butcher a couple of months ago. Together with lots of veggies -- I included mushrooms this time too -- my stock is happily boiling away and making the house smell lovely. After straining it later tonight, I'll have many one & two cup beef stock increments in plastic containers ready to freeze. Tetra/canned no more for a long while.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

  • At 2/23/2008 10:31:00 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My little man is just too cute for words - love the pj's!

    Good job on the hat sista!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home