Midnight Crocheter

Crocheting, Knitting and any type of yarn-crafts or needlework that tickles my fancy. Some personal blogging too.

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Leafs Nation Beanie

As soon as I finished the Amanda Hat, I started to contemplate the new hats I had promised to make the boys. Demetri asked for one first.

Well, on Saturday, I attended my crochet guild's monthly meeting where a member was selling some stash. I picked up a bag of discontinued Mondial Artico (8 balls navy and 2 balls dark charcoal) for $5. A sure deal. I figured the navy especially would be perfect to make things for the boys.



So, I quickly made use out of it by casting on a new London Beanie in the navy
on Monday. Demetri suggested adding two white stripes to match his Toronto Maple Leafs scarf. I'm calling it the Leafs Nation Beanie. :)


The yarn is bulky weight and I'm using the 4.5 mm needle stated in the pattern hoping the tight stitches will make a nice warm hat.
It is however it turns out that it fits Lucas (the almost 4-year old) to a T. It's too small for Demetri. Demetri is so good-natured that he's ok with me finishing this one for Lucas and then starting a new one for him. I'm starting on the decreases for the crown now. I love this pattern.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home